Seven persons sustained varying degrees of injury on Sunday in Anambra State in a gas explosion which occurred in the commercial city of Onitsha.
The explosion occurred at No 23 Emmanuel Church Road, Inland Town, Onitsha, in a property belonging to one Mbamalu Patty, where a newly acquired gas cooker exploded and destroyed two rooms.
Police spokesperson in the state, Haruna Mohammed, said seven occupants of the building sustained varying degrees of injury from the explosion.
“Today February 2 at about 10:30 a.m, there was a fire outbreak at one Mbamalu Patty’s house affecting two rooms of a storey building at No 23 Emmanuel Church Road, Inland town, Onitsha.
“The fire allegedly emanated from a gas cooker recently procured which exploded in the course of using it for the first…