Four dead, five injured in attacks on Ebola responders in DRC


Four members of Ebola response teams in eastern Congo have been killed in two attacks that the head of the World Health Organisation (WHO) predicted will undermine efforts to contain the haemorrhagic fever epidemic in the African country.

There had only been seven Ebola cases in the last week, down from a peak of more than 120 per week in April, the WHO said in a statement.

“Ebola was retreating. These attacks will give it force again, and more people will die as a consequence.

“We call on everyone who has a role to play to end this cycle of violence,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said

The two attacks during Tuesday night targeted a residential camp in Biakato Mines and an Ebola response coordination office in Mangina, a farming village where the Ebola…



Read All From The Original Article on The Nation

%d bloggers like this: