Again, army tackles Sanwo-Olu, says nobody died, injured


The Nigerian army on Saturday again dismissed as inaccurate, the Lagos State governor’s version of the Lekki tollgate shooting that shocked the world and initiated the setting up of a panel of enquiry.

A representative of the Nigerian Army who appeared before the Lagos Judicial Panel of Inquiry said Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu “was misinformed about the Lekki shooting and that no one died or was injured at the incident”.

Ibrahim Taiwo, the Commander of the Nigerian Army, 81 Division and the Head of Intelligence corps of the Nigerian Army, said this on Saturday during his cross-examination.

The army and the governor had earlier differed when the former dismissed as lies the claims by the governor that he did not invite them to the protests at the tollgate.

The army had said the governor actually invited them, even though they (army) had initially denied being on the scene when the controversy first emerged.

‘Nobody died, injured’

“Probably the governor was misinformed, because no one died or was injured at the incident,” the official said on Saturday.

PREMIUM TIMES earlier reported that Mr Sanwo-Olu confirmed two deaths from the Lekki shooting…



Read All From Original Article on Premiumtimes

Be the First to get breaking news in Nigeria. Download All Naija Media App Now.  Also. Advertise with us.

%d bloggers like this: